Problems with Command Line Scheduled Task

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
preichow

Problems with Command Line Scheduled Task

Post by preichow » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:25 am

Please help! I can't get the Command Line functionality to work.

I'm trying to set up a Scheduled Task in Windows to run Helium from the command line, but the execution either Fails immediately, or it Runs for eternity and has to be manually stopped.

One thing that I noticed was odd: When I follow the documentation and run the file ("C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Helium\Helium Scraper.appref-ms"), it Fails immediately....it's like the program can't find it, or runs into some problem. It doesn't run.

If I run a Helium exe file in a different location, the scheduled Task seems to run forever without finishing. Here's the location I used for that:
"C:\Users\{my_username}\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\34M1HHM7.11O\X1E6GGQE.ZQQ\heli..tion_0000000000000000_0002.0004_e35b37860ab7a874\Helium Scraper.exe". I made sure that Tip suggestion is not holding up the program when it first loads up, but that made no difference.

Can anybody share their experience why the command line isn't working?

PS: There is an error in the Task Scheduler saying "Last Run Result: %1 is not a valid Win32 application (0x800700C1).

I'm using the documentation at: http://www.heliumscraper.com/en/Help/commandline.html

preichow

Re: Problems with Command Line Scheduled Task

Post by preichow » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:53 am

Update: I finally got the Scheduled Task to open an instance of Helium. Not quite sure what I did, but I used that strange file path mentioned earlier, and messed around with the parameters until it worked. I can tell you that I left the field called "Run From" blank.

However, Helium gives a pop-up box saying "The project you are opening seems to come from an external source. It could contain malicious code that could compromise your private information.

Would you like to continue opening this project?

The command line execution gets hung up on this pop-up box because there is no way to bypass it....it just sits there waiting for a response that doesn't come.

Any ideas?

SOLVED: I PUT MY HELIUM PROJECT IN THE SAME FOLDER AS THE EXECUTABLE, AND THAT SOLVED THE EXTERNAL SOURCE POPUP BOX PROBLEM.
C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Helium\

this post is now solved.