Linking ID from URL Table

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
jdrizz

Linking ID from URL Table

Post by jdrizz » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:54 pm

How would I go about linking an ID from a custom table I created for a list of URL's to navigate with the extracted data in another table.

For example
Table1 - has 2 columns Column1-URL, Column2-ProductID

Table2 - is extracted data. how can I get an ID from the Table1 to link into Table2.

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Linking ID from URL Table

Post by webmaster » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi,

Yes, this is something that makes perfect sense and will most likely be implemented soon. On the meanwhile, you can use the attached projects. You'll need to copy / paste your URLs into the URLs table. Open the ExNavigateURLs Sample.hsp project to see how it works. There is a Sample actions tree that is pretty much self-explanatory. Simply double click the Extract action in the sample tree to see how is configured.

You can then import the ExNavigateURLs.hsp into your current project (you must not already have a table called URLs and you must have the BODY kind defined).

If your Id's in the URLs table contain symbols other than numbers, your data type in the table where you would extract these ID's must be set to Text. If you leave it as Auto, it will be assumed it is a number and you'll get a data type mismatch error. This is what I did in the sample Extract action. You can see the data types by checking the Advanced check box.

Let me know if you need any help with this.
Attachments
ExNavigateURLs.hsp
(311.69 KiB) Downloaded 632 times
ExNavigateURLs Sample.hsp
(326.49 KiB) Downloaded 641 times
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

jdrizz

Post by jdrizz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:13 am

Thanks Juan:

I"m just getting back to this project. I'm getting an error now that says "This tree must be invoked from an 'Execute Actions Tree' action."

When I built my actions I chose "Execute actions tree" and then "ExNavigateURLs" from the additional menu.

Please help.

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to remove an unnecessary line of code. Should work OK if you re-download it. Anyway, these files will become obsolete after the upcoming update which will come very very soon ;) .
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team