Navigate Links in Table Help

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
ladyjerusalem

Navigate Links in Table Help

Post by ladyjerusalem » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:14 pm

I am trying to put in a table of URLs, and I would like Helium to navigate each link and extract data from each page. However, when I go to create a new table, I don't seem to have all the options available to me when I extract links to a table. I cannot select "URL" or "Link" as a type of data, so I keep getting error messages that my input is not the correct format. Can you help me with this? Thanks!

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Navigate Links in Table Help

Post by webmaster » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Do you already have these links in a different format or are you still going to extract them?
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

ladyjerusalem

Post by ladyjerusalem » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:50 pm

No the links are already in a spreadsheet. I simply want Helium to nav each link, extract, clear the result and repeat for the whole list. Does that make sense?

ladyjerusalem

Post by ladyjerusalem » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:51 pm

And thanks for your quick reply.

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:58 pm

You can create an empty table by going to the database panel by clicking on the database icon (the third one on the bottom left) and then clicking on the Create table button. Just enter a table name and any column name under the Name column to create a column. Leave the Data Type as Memo and everything else the way it is and press OK. Then double click your table, copy your URLs from a spreadsheet or text editor and paste them to the first of the column you created (not the Id column) and click the Save button. When pasting to the cell, make sure you don't enter edit mode (i.e. that there is no blinking cursor inside the cell for typing), otherwise you'd paste everything inside the cell instead.

Then create a Navigate URLs action and select the table and column you just created. Remember to place all your actions as children of the Navigate URLs.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team