Pictures downloaded without file type (extension)...

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
rocktime

Pictures downloaded without file type (extension)...

Post by rocktime » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:38 am

Hi, i have a trial version of the HS - tried it today and set it up to extract text as well as images. For some reason all pictures got extracted without a file extension - if I rename each file manually to add .JPEG -- I can only then see the picture. Otherwise, Windows requires to specify what each file type is. I could download the batch renamer, but I suppose this is not what the software is intended to do? so, I wondered why HS is extracting this way, is there a setting I can adjust to make sure it download pictures and saves them as pictures?

thank you.
Rock

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Pictures downloaded without file type (extension)...

Post by webmaster » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:06 am

You can force an extension by typing it under the Extension column in the Extract action editor.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

rocktime

Re: Pictures downloaded without file type (extension)...

Post by rocktime » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Great, did not realize this function exists -- tried it, it worked like a charm -- all pics were extracted and saved with the .JPG extension this time. Thank you, Juan, this is truly an impressive piece of software!

I wish there had been a detailed User Manual for non-techies explaining what each function is for, how to use it and what the world of possibilities is -- somehow I think this will increase the interest and usage of HS since many, like me, may not even suspect what this software is capable of.

thanks,
rock