Paypal$ for Consulting: Auto-Distrubute URLs among processes

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
honeyhany

Paypal$ for Consulting: Auto-Distrubute URLs among processes

Post by honeyhany » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi all,

I need help setting up a project. If you could video share and help me with my project setup with this premade below I would great appreciate this help and provide a gift through Paypal for your consulting.

I currently have the Extract ready for the list of URLs, but I'm stuck getting the two actions to communicate.

Auto-Distrubute URLs among processes
http://www.heliumscraper.com/forum/view ... ?f=8&t=517

honeyhany

Re: Paypal$ for Consulting: Auto-Distrubute URLs among proce

Post by honeyhany » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:59 am

Update: This was resolved.

Now I need to enter a zipcode and click submit button in a webpage if these fields are found.

zip.value = "95210";
goButton.click();

Question: How do you submit this before an extraction?

crookedleaf

Re: Paypal$ for Consulting: Auto-Distrubute URLs among proce

Post by crookedleaf » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:53 pm

honeyhany wrote:Update: This was resolved.

Now I need to enter a zipcode and click submit button in a webpage if these fields are found.

zip.value = "95210";
goButton.click();

Question: How do you submit this before an extraction?
If you are trying to perform actions only IF certain fields are found, then set the field up as a "Kind". Then, you can use the "If/While" action tree and set it to run only if:

(kind) > 0

This will make sure that the action is only executed if it can find that kind on the page. As far as navigating, the easiest thing i can think of is create a table with just the zipcode you want to fill in and name it something like "ZipFill". Set the form field you want to fill the zipcode into as a "Kind" (unless this is the same field used in the "If/While" statement, in which case you don't need to create another "Kind" for the same thing), then use the "Write From Database" action to fill the data into those fields. For the submit button, you can set it as a "Kind" and use the "Navigate" action and make sure to click the checkbox for "simulate click".

Make sure all of these actions are ran INSIDE the "If/While" action tree. That is the only way to make sure these actions are ONLY ran if the field you want is there.