Cannot Start Helium Scraper

Let us know if anything goes wrong with our baby :)
cfardon

Cannot Start Helium Scraper

Post by cfardon » Thu May 19, 2011 6:33 am

Hi,

Everytime i try and start helium scraper i get an error saying that it cannot start. i have attached the error details.
Attachments
CA4KPFQ0.zip
(1.94 KiB) Downloaded 715 times
Chris Fardon
Fardon Webhosting and Design
http://www.fardonwebhosting.com

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Start Helium Scraper

Post by webmaster » Thu May 19, 2011 6:49 am

Hi Chris,

Try uninstalling it from control panel and reinstalling. Seems like something got corrupted.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

cfardon

Post by cfardon » Sat May 21, 2011 6:39 am

Hi,

I have tried that and no luck......it wont let me reinstall it...it goes nearly to the end of the install and then crashes with the "cannot start" error
Chris Fardon
Fardon Webhosting and Design
http://www.fardonwebhosting.com

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Sat May 21, 2011 7:36 am

Hi,

I'm sorry you are having this problem. Did you by any chance uninstall Internet Explorer (in case that is even possible)? Helium Scraper requires IE to work. If not, do you recall uninstalling any other service such as .NET 4.0 Client Profile?

Something you can try is performing a system restore to a date previous to when you started having this problem. Another possible solution is to delete the ClickOnce store folder by deleting "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps" as suggested on this post, which covers an issue similar to yours. Note that in order for you to be able to see the "Local Settings" folder you will need to activate "Show hidden files and folders" at "Tools -> Folder Options..." in the file explorer.

Now, I would, instead of deleting it, move it somewhere else at least for now because it might contain information relevant to other applications if they were installed with ClickOnce. But anyway, I would try the system restore before.

Please let me know if you keep having this problem.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team