Crashes

Let us know if anything goes wrong with our baby :)
webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Crashes

Post by webmaster » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:23 am

Hi Jim,

Yes please, download the latest version and let me know how that goes. I've been doing tests with Manta with the latest version and Internet Explorer 9. I'll send some graphs in a while. It didn't go as bad as in your case (+- 1.5 GB at 300 rows in yours, +- 400 MB at 500 rows in mine). I wonder if something went wrong went you did the registry changes.

No need to worry though. The new version will perform these changes automatically. If you want to make sure Helium Scraper is using IE 9 you can visit this webpage. If you don't see IE 9 please let me know as this would be the cause of the problem.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

Travis

Post by Travis » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:27 pm

I love helium until it crashes. Any possible way to store the data before it crashes?. I run helium for a few hours the app slows down and eventually stops working. When it crashes i loose everything that was collected. any ideas on saving the data files every few minutes?

thanks

travis

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi Travis,

Perhaps you could use an Export Database action. Also, if you don't have IE 9 installed already, I recommend installing it as it will reduce the memory consumption considerably.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

Travis

Post by Travis » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:54 pm

thank you. i will install ie9. also i typically run helium in safe mode with networking. runs much faster & longer with out crashing. regarding the export action your talking about exporting to a external file not attach to helium?

thanks again!

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi,

In the actions tree, under the New action button there is an action called Export Database. This action will save all your data in a database, that can also be imported with the Import button in the database panel.

But as I said, installing IE 9 might make all this unnecessary, depending upon the website being extracted. I'd try installing IE 9 first and see how the memory consumption goes in the Task Manager.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team